ARTICLE I - NAME
The name of this organization shall be Del Mar Country Club Women's Golf Association.
ARTICLE II - PURPOSE
The purpose of this non-profit organization shall be to promote, supervise, encourage and conduct golf activities for the women members of this Association and their guests, in accordance with the Rules of Golf adopted by the U.S.G.A. and with the approval of the Club Management.
ARTICLE III - MEMBERSHIP
Membership is open to any women member, spouse or significant other of a regular member of Del Mar Country Club upon payment of the current association dues.
ARTICLE IV - BOARD OF DIRECTORS
1. The Executive Board shall serve for a term (two years) commencing January 1st. The Directors shall be:
President, Vice-President-Tournaments, Liaison, Guest Day Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Handicap, Rules, Membership, Social, Team Captain, Team Co-Captain, & Ringer Club Coordinator. These officers shall comprise the Executive Board.
2. To be eligible for President, at least one year Board experience is required.
3. Should the office of President become vacant, the remainder of the term shall be completed by the Vice President-Tournaments or a current or past board member. Vacancy of other offices shall be appointed by the President with the approval of the Executive Board.
ARTICLE V - DUTIES OF THE EXECUTIVE BOARD
1. The President shall preside at all meetings of the Association and the Executive Board. She shall have the power to appoint Standing and Special Committees with the approval of the Executive Board. She shall oversee the updating of the women's web site.
2. The Vice President-Tournaments shall assist the President and shall assume the duties of the President in her absence. If she is not available to assist, another current board member may be appointed by the President. Vice President-Tournaments shall be in charge of all major tournaments. She is responsible to oversee prizes and trophies for major tournaments and updating plaques.
3. The Liaison will interface with the W.S.C.G.A., keeping the Country Club and the membership updated with current information, activities and events.
4. The Guest Day Chair shall prepare a schedule of events and themes for guest days during the year.
5. The Secretary shall record the minutes of all meetings of the Association and the Executive Board. Within one week after a meeting, she shall email minutes to the Executive Board. She shall also post minutes on the bulletin board for viewing by the membership.
6. The Treasurer shall maintain the bank account for the membership and keep an accounting of receipts and expenditures. She shall give her report to the Executive Board at each monthly meeting and report to the membership at the general meetings of the Association. With the help of the President, she shall present a budget for the ensuing year.
7. The Handicap Chair shall be responsible for keeping accurate records of all members of the Association and their handicaps, in accordance with the current handicapping system of the U.S.G.A.
8. The Rules Chair shall find answers to questions through the RULES OF GOLF and she shall endeavor to enforce the rules of golf adopted by the U.S.G.A. along with local rules of Del Mar Country Club. She shall be responsible for ordering Rules of Golf and in setting rules for tournaments with the Tournament Chairperson.
9. The Membership Chair shall be responsible for receiving dues and updating records for all members and provide the Treasurer with checks for deposit.
10. The Social Chair shall endeavor to meet all new members. She shall provide each new member with all membership materials and send cards, (i.e. get well, sympathy) when appropriate. She shall also be responsible for photographs and documenting events.
11. The Team Captain will coordinate all activities having to do with Team Play. She shall post a notice inviting qualified prospective team members. She shall organize and post notices of practices and matches well in advance of play and subsequently post results.
12. The Team Co-Captain will assist all activities having to do with Team Play. She shall post a notice inviting qualified prospective team members. She shall organize and post notices of practices and matches well in advance of play and subsequently post results
13. The Ringer Club Coordinator will oversee annual ringers competition.
14. The Advisor shall be a pro shop representative. He/she will be available to provide assistance to any board member.
ARTICLE VI - MEETINGS
1. The Executive Board shall meet a minimum of four times a year. A majority of the Executive Board shall constitute a quorum. Action shall be by majority vote.
2. There shall be a General Meeting twice a year and action shall be by majority vote of members present at any meeting.
3. The President may call a special meeting of the Executive Board or the Membership with the approval of a majority of the Executive Board. A special membership meeting shall be called if so requested by written signatures of ten (10) members of the Association and notification is posted on the ladies bulletin board at least ten (10) days prior to the meeting.
4. All minutes and Treasurer's Reports should be read and approved by the Executive Board and posted on the bulletin board for the membership to read.
ARTICLE VII - NOMINATIONS AND ELECTIONS
1. There shall be a four (4) member Nominating Committee appointed by the President. To be eligible for election to the Nominating Committee, a nominee must be a member in good standing of the Association for at least one year.
2. At least one month prior to the year end General Meeting, a list shall be posted by the Nominating Committee with their selections of their proposed candidates for the new Executive Board. Each candidate nominated will serve one term (two years). The Nominating Committee shall select one (1) member for each position on the Executive Board. Permission must be secured from each nominee.
3. The following Executive Board members may serve more than two consecutive terms in one position:
4. At the year end General Meeting, the Chairman of the Nominating Committee shall present its slate, after which nominations from the floor shall be opened by the President of the Association. Permission must have been secured from each person who is nominated from the floor. If there are no nominations, the selection of the Nominating Committee shall be deemed elected. If there are nominations, the election shall be by written ballot, such ballot to be counted by a committee of three (3) members appointed by the President.
5. At the year end General Meeting, new officers shall be installed.
ARTICLE VIII - FINANCES
1. The fiscal year shall commence on January 1 and run concurrently until December 31.
2. Dues shall be proposed and approved by the Executive Board at the meeting of the Executive Board in August. Dues are payable January 1.
ARTICLE IX - AMENDMENTS
The By-laws of this organization may be amended by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the Executive Board. The President may call an open meeting for this purpose at any time and is required to do so if requested by five (5) or more members.
ARTICLE X - PARLIAMENTARY AUTHORITY
Robert's Rules of Golf, Revised, shall be the authority on all questions not covered by these By-laws.